Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: The New Palomino Horse

  1. #1
    Inactive Member ladydi43's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 11th, 2003
    Posts
    222
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Hi everyone Does anyone have the new palomine horse?? My daughter just loves the horse.. But I dont know if it is worth the money ?
    Does the dolls stay on very well?

    We just got Nellie and she is sure cute !! Does anyone have the new Grecian outfit ?? My daughter sold somethings on e-bay and wants to now get some new things.But doesnt see that money doesnt go that far......

    Also what are the phone numbers for the stores? I keep hearing about store specials? We dont have much info here in Colo. Also I am looking to get in contact with other members in colo.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member bekeating's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 29th, 2002
    Posts
    82
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My oldest daughter has the new Grecian outfit. I think it is really cute and she liked it so much she decided to get the girl size costume for Halloween rather than me making her one this year. Maybe I will panic a little less come Halloween costume time this year.

    My youngest has the Coconut set that goes with it and the horse accessories. Penny uses the horse accessories though, we are not planning on buying another horse.

    Honestly all parts of this Grecian set are cute. I would recommend them all.

    Bonnie

  3. #3
    courtneysunshine
    Guest courtneysunshine's Avatar

    Post

    Well, this is just my opinion, but here goes [img]smile.gif[/img] I don't have the Palamino, but I did get Penny when there was some talk of her being retired. She is a beautiful horse and we really like her, but I think I would have waited had I known in time she would still be around. For $60 there were at lot of other things we would like to have gotten first. Also, I think others have mentioned that they have horses at Target that are just as nice while being a lot less expensive. I haven't tried any of the dolls on her since I just took her out to see what she looked like. She will be a Christmas present for my daughter so I didn't want to disturb her too much.

    Oh, I've PM'ed you with a number for the stores. About the store specials, they have a new store special every month. It is a different outfit or item that you can purchase for a discounted price with a purchase. This month the special is Samantha's Winter Dress ($12 with a $25 or more purchase).

    Hope this helps [img]smile.gif[/img]

    Kim

    <font color="#051E50"><font size="1">[ July 13, 2004 12:52 PM: Message edited by: courtneysunshine ]</font></font>

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ July 13, 2004 12:59 PM: Message edited by: courtneysunshine ]</font>

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Aunt Cornelia's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    363
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    We just got our new catalog and the Palomino looks gorgeous! Does anyone have her yet? It looked to us like her nose and ears were silver?? Anyhow, I love her creamy color.

    My daughter got Steps High for Christmas from Grandpa (she asked for her and I was shocked when she actually got her!) Steps High is beautiful, very soft (with a hard plastic body underneath the fur) and the dolls seem to ride on her very nicely. The girls don't usually bother with the saddle, they just ride bareback. [img]wink.gif[/img] Steps High doesn't seem to have a whole lot of play value (she mostly just stands in front of Kaya's teepee looking pretty), but for some reason my daughter just loves her.

    I doubt we'll get the new horse unless my other daughter puts her on her Christmas list (!), but she sure looks cute in that costume. I'm sure we'll end up with that costume someday even if Steps High has to get dressed up for Halloween one year! [img]smile.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    ponydreamer
    Guest ponydreamer's Avatar

    Post

    I have to say...I have Penny, and I let children play with her often. When I have friends or relatives children over, I usually turn them loose on my collection. They always flock to my Penny. They love to brush her hair, and take her saddle on and off. I am thinking about buying Sparks Flying for my three year old niece...anyone have her?

    Anyway...I wish I would have gotten Penny for my daughter when she was young...I think that her eyes are weird, but I love her anyway...after all...she's Felicity's beloved Penny!

  6. #6
    Inactive Member judiaci's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2003
    Posts
    2,354
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think the AG horses are a lot nicer than the Target horses. $60 is a lot of money, but the AG horses have nicer manes that you can comb or braid, velvet coats, etc. and the Target horses just look like a lot of plastic to me. I'm not sure if the horse would be at the top of my list, but it is nice.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member dianasmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2004
    Posts
    1,086
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    that's the same way I felt about the Target horses too, although some others thought it was more realistic. I just love the velvety coat on Penny, bought last month when I was worried that she might be gone.
    Laurie

    editing to say that I think it's just the golden color of the Palomino that looks so especially nice with the Grecian outfits.

    If we get any other horses it will be Kaya's Steps High, I love her coloring too.

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ July 14, 2004 12:39 AM: Message edited by: dianasmama ]</font>

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •